Updated as of October 17, 2007
* Non-Account Activity. You can watch videos on Zoost without having a Zoost Account. You can also contact us about a particular video without having a Zoost Account.
* Account-Related Activity. Certain other activities on Zoost, like uploading videos, posting comments, flagging videos, or watching restricted videos-require you to have a Zoost.net Account. We ask for some personal information when you create a Zoost Account, including your email address and a password, which is used to protect your account from unauthorized access.
* Usage Information. We may record information about your usage, such as when you use ZOOST.net, the channels, groups, and favorites you subscribe to, the contacts you communicate with, the videos you watch, and the frequency and size of data transfers, as well as information you display or click on in ZOOST (including UI elements, settings, and other information). If you are logged in, we may associate that information with your account. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. "Web Beacons") in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
* Content Uploaded to Site. Any personal information or video content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, within your playback or profile pages, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others.
* If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the Zoost.net Site, we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the general and personalized features and functionality of the ZOOST.net Sites, and to process any flagging activity or correspondence you send to us.
* Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you upload videos or send messages through the ZOOST Sites and other Users can contact you through messages and comments. Any videos that you submit to the ZOOST Sites may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public.
* We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages period, we HATE spam just as much as you!! We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major ZOOST Site changes or for customer service purposes).
* We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous user usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the ZOOST Sites and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, analyzing, and processing user preferences and trends, as well as user activity and communications.
* You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the ZOOST Sites, in which case you can still view videos and explore the ZOOST Sites, but ZOOST may not be able to provide certain services to you.
* You may update or correct your personal profile information and email preferences at any time by visiting your account profile page.
Third-party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
ZOOST.net does not provide any personally identifiable information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks at any time. However, please note that if an advertiser asks ZOOST to show an advertisement to a certain audience (for example, men ages 18-34) or audience segment (for example, men ages 18-24 who have viewed certain channels of content) and you respond to that advertisement, the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach. The advertiser may also use information regarding your use of the ZOOST Sites, such as the number of times you viewed an ad (but not any personally identifiable information), to determine which ads to deliver to you.
DEG Web Ventures LLC. adheres to the US Safe Harbor privacy principles. For more information about the Safe Harbor framework or our registration, see the Department of Commerce's web site.